Senior front-end developer
Betinspire is looking for a Senior front-end developer/designer to join its team.
The role and responsibilities:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Design graphic user interface elements, menus, tabs and widgets, build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Passion for our profession, in particular front-end development, and improving yourself technically;
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software development and design or equivalent;
- Solid knowledge and experience with HTML5 and CSS3 Flexbox, SASS/SCSS;
- Excellent communication skills and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in other strongly typed programming languages and web design design software;
- Experience with React, Redux, Lodash, RxJS, Babylon.js;
- Knowledge of modular CSS by using css-modules and post-css;
- Experience with testing and specifications libraries like Jest, Enzyme, Pupeteer, WebDriverIO, Cucumber, Mocha.
- Experience working with Gulp
- Capable of working with Atlassian in a team-based setting
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
You have experience of working in an agile environment. You know how to collaborate with UX designers, back-end developers, testers and business stakeholders to deliver working software in rapid iterations.
You understand accessibility, performance, progressive enhancement and responsive design.
Betinspire is fully committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination, direct or indirect. All employees are expected to promote and work fully in line with the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Betinspire is a Disability Confident Leader employer and welcomes applications from disabled people. If disabled applicants meet the minimum criteria for the job, they can request and will be offered a guaranteed interview. Should applicants require reasonable adjustment support for the interview, please contact the Resourcing Team.